Based in Melbourne, Australia
Aura of Worlds is a creative strategy rogue-lite platformer. It has a strong focus on exploration, improvisation and manipulating the environment to your advantage.Each level a maze is generated with a distribution of enemies, traps, loot and other objects (according to area and theme). Your job is to Not die in reaching the exit through the use of your reflexes, wits and creative abilities.
We started work on our most ambitious project to date in 2013. A procedural generated platformer called Aura of Worlds. This has been in development for several years now, with constant refinement from developer meetups and public playtesting events. For example the game has been demonstrated at IGDA Melbourne, the Freeplay Festival, PAX 2015 and Mini Pax 2016. We are presenting at PAX again this year, in addition to launching a Greenlight campaign towards the end of October.
- Over 50 unique enemies and traps and 7+ randomized level themes. Such include tidal corridors filled with mines, rising lava, caverns lined with toxic and carnvirous plants...
- A plethora of creatove abilities ranging from parkhour to cloaking to warping time itself!
- Every object has multiple uses E.g. you can grab that lantern from the ceiling, and carry it around to use as a portable light source or improvised flaming molotov...
- Hand crafted pixel art and animations by Jessica Turner and Lachlan Cartland
- Custom sound/music by Mat Dwyer and Amanda J. Lim
- Each situation is intended to be challenging but solvable with planning and agility. For example there is a laser force field trap in front of you. Do you throw an enemy into it? Blow up the conduit with a grenade? Blink through it? Cloak yourself to pass through undetected?
- There are a multitude of mechanics such as cones of visions for enemies, turret hacking, grab and throw almost everything, mouse aiming, 2d spherical lighting and terraforming...
Here's some footage: YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "...each time you play, you'll be treated to something different"
- Okay Games, Pax Aus 2016 – Aura of Worlds
- "Very promising, I think most would agree."
- Big Boss Battle, Greenlight Highlight - Aura of Worlds
- "I like it!"
- Katelyn Gigante:Co-founder of All Day Breakfast Games Collective, Katelyn's on Twitter
- "This is really good as it is...when will it be released?"
- Playtester at PAX, PAX Australia 2015:
- "I love how you focus on utilizing the environment...so few games do that."
- Tester from Mini PAX Australia, Federation Square, 2016, PAX@Federation Square
- "This has come a long way...I like the variety!"
- Ian Maclarty: Creator of Boson X and multiple independent games, Ian Maclarthy's website
- "Your game has so much depth..."
- Aladar Apponyi: Pixel artist and creator of the roguelike game EatVolve, Aladar's on Twitter
- "Plays very well!"
- John Dewis; Secretary of SEE, Society of Electronic Entertainment (University of Melbourne Game's Club):
Aura of Worlds Project
Creative Strategy Roguelite Platformer aurofworlds.com.
Other games we've made
Home page cognitiveforge.com/Games.
facebook page: facebook.com/AuraOfWorlds.
About Cognitive Forge
Formed at the conclusion of 2011, Cognitive Forge is a small, independent software studio based in Victoria, Australia. As fellow gamers, we go by what's unique and fun to play, using our small-scale to become agile in delivering unique experiences that challenge the way you think.We constantly strive to deliver unique experiences with a focus on complex mechanical depth and obsessive polish.
More information on Cognitive Forge, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Aura of Worlds Credits
Project Manager, Programmer and Marketer
Pixel Artist, Freelancer
Pixel Artist, Freelancer
Amanda J. Lim
Full credits for Aura of Worlds here...